Face Of Idoma Beauty Pageant Show is one of the biggest and most prestigious activity at Agila Carnival where an elegant Idoma lady bags home a brand new car every year courtesy of the Agila Carnival President Prince Edwin Ochai in a bid to empower the Idoma youth. The criteria for choosing the queens has always been made flexible to enable a large number of young Idoma women participate in the selection process. Every year we look forward to selecting young, elegant and promising queens for this quest.
In the past FOI has always been the culminating event at Agila Carnival held on the 25th of December and has produced vibrant and elegant Idoma queens (FACE OF IFOMA) who chose PET projects and executed them as part of the Idoma land development process.
In 2015, the FOI Executive Team modified the selection process by extending from one winner to top three winners as follows:
*WINNER – Face Of Idoma
*1st RUNNER-UP – Face of Idoma (Culture & Tourism)
*2nd RUNNER-UP – Face of Idoma (Carnival)
On 25th December 2015 Miss Precious Ogidi emerged winner, whereas Miss Elizabeth Ande won the 2nd Runner-Up position and Miss Ashley Yusuf won the prize for the 2nd Runner-Up
The Face Of Idoma beauty pageant (FOI) was birthed by Agila Carnival in 2013 as a core activity aimed at searching for female ambassadors who can represent the Idoma nation both locally and internationally under the Face of Idoma pageant through annual projects coordinated throughout the year with local and international projects and tours as part of its KPIs which will work towards achieving the vision and mission of Agila Carnival Initiative.
Criteria for Selection
- Any Idoma youth (female) between the age brackets of 18 & 25 years.
• Must have at least Secondary school level of education & have a good command of English language.
• Must have the personality and ability to convey the Idoma brand (physical specifications is secondary).
• Must have in-depth knowledge of Idoma culture and tradition.
• Must be able to speak Idoma at least conversationally.
• Must be an Idoma indigenes residing at home or abroad